Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bright Charming Birthday



Tis the season for birthdays in my family.  We have 6 in May and 4 in June.  I love how this one turned out.  I purchased the Charming stamp set in December and finally got to pull it out and use it.  And with pixie pink and green galore (both retiring) markers and papers, this card turned out bright and fresh.  I have to admit that the bold brights family has never really been a favorite of mine.  I would take a look at a full sheet of card stock and think "Wow, that's bright".  But I am finding that when I use them in small amounts like this, I really love them.  It just took Stampin' Up! to retire them for me to notice.  As sad as I am about these colors retiring I am very excited about the new colors that are coming.  I think they are beautiful!  I finally used a technique they showed us at convention a couple of years ago with the markers.  I inked up the image with versa mark and colored with the markers on top.  By doing so I was able to emboss the image with clear embossing powder.  Hope you enjoy!

Supplies:

Stamps:  Charming, well scripted
Ink:  Close to cocoa (retiring), green galore, pixie pink, versa mark
Paper:  Close to cocoa, green galore, pixie pink, whisper white,
Accessories:  Taffeta ribbon, eyelet border punch, corner rounder punch, heat tool, clear embossing powder


No comments:

Post a Comment